Monday 3 February 2014

Flight to Brisbane

Today we flew back to Brisbane (Queensland) from Newcastle (New South Wales). We were sad to be leaving our Newcastle friends but very excited to be back with our Brizzie besties.

Dave took us to the airport (thank you!) and then we checked in. It was the most ridiculous check in ever, the bag scanning place was right next to the waiting area, and three feet away from that was the aeroplane. It was all so close together! Whilst we waited I watched the guy who 'randomly' checks people with that little hoover thing. I swear he only checked women!!

Anyway we got on the plane and were very pleased that it was only an hours flight (as opposed to when we came from Queensland to New South Wales by train and it took ten hours).

The view from the plane was awesome - loads of bush. But I couldn't take a photo for you as my camera is broken, and I didn't want to turn my phone on and crash the plane.

There was a woman with a very young child on the plane. I wanted to be really zen and fine with this, normally I disapprove of kids on planes because it's better for everyone if they go by car. But in Australia this isn't really cost or time effective. However, the woman made it really hard to be zen. I have no children and no qualification about kids at all, but even I could see she was rubbish! The kid loved to squeal in a horrible way and her shhing wasn't helping.

Anyway it was still a decent flight with free (dreadful) coffee and we were picked up by Brian (thank you!) who we are house sitting for again.