Wednesday 14 August 2013

Melbourne - Hosier Lane and Eureka Tower

Today we went to Melbourne again :D



We saw a restaurant that almost said Tanbay, but unfortunately it was closed.




We had Japanese again for lunch, from a different restaurant:







I had squid and prawn udon noodles 



Tanbay had a box.


This is Chinatown again:



I really liked this bag, it reminds me of a fox one I had when I was little.


This is Flinders Station



I showed Tanbay Hosier Lane, loads of the paintings had already changed! There were some guys there actually changing them as we watched.


Needless to say Tanbay had a great time...








This is the same place I had my photo taken two weeks before, but already the woman has been painted over and replaced with a man!




This is last times:



crazy!






A friendly scottish guy took this for us. Sometimes I wish we had a friend who was really good at taking photos, but didn't want to be in the pictures so they could take loads of pictures of us. HA.





Next we went to Melbourne central shopping centre, they have lots of quirky art shops here which is really nice. 









Next we decided to go up the Eureka tower, we bumped into my bosses son on the way. He was surprised I was still working at the cafe, even though it's only been three weeks or something.



To get there we walked along the Yarra River, which is very muddy. 





The view from the top was impressive, it wasn't as high as the Empire States, but there is clear glass everywhere instead of a brick wall, so in some ways you feel more vertigoey (that's a word..) 







this is the botanical gardens.







































The lift that took us up and down was really quick and made us feel really ill..

We had a fun time walking back to the station: 
















Great..




We had some time so we went and had some beers, I had dirty granny cider :) 



It was very nice and smiley 















It was another awesome day :D