Thursday 1 August 2013

Tanbay Has Landed

Mustela got here yesterday!!!! He flew from Hamburg to Dubai, Dubai to Perth and then Perth to Melbourne. He took the airport bus from Melbourne to Ballarat, where I met him. I could see him on the bus and I was really excited and smiley, but then all these really old people got off the bus first and took like ten hours before Tanbay could get off. They should make two lanes for getting off the bus. Then I took T on the bus from Ballarat to Buninyong.

Tanbay's thoughts on the flights:

"Well they were great flights, great flight to Dubai, easy to find connecting flights, I had a nice lying seat thing in Dubai whatever they're called which I've not seen in an airport before. I was worried when I was in Perth that they wouldn't let me into Australia but I was fine. Then I took the bus to terminal three which took ages and made me realise how big Australia is and then I saw a palm tree which was really exotic. Then I watched TV. It was pretty cool. It was Americanised or English. The flight from Perth to Melbourne was really easy I didn't have to show my passport, and I never saw a dog. I had to go through a box and there was a green light, I don't know if the green light was to do with the box, or what the box was about, or what was going on. I got to Melbourne really early, I was like wow I'm really early."

On Ballarat:

"Very large, everything in Australia is really large and there are some great nature scenes and mountains. I'm not a tree hugger or a hippy or anything. The people seem very nature friendly in general, they're all tanned and not shaved well and in tune with nature."


I shouldn't tell you this but he did say he liked the frog signs:



Anyway here are some important moments:
First picture in Oz

True love - he calls them stripy and plain grey 

Finally someone to take pictures of me

TANBAY/action man in Buninyong

Weasel on the bus

Couple on the bus

Welcome to Oz lunch

TANBAY IN BALLARAT


Waiting for the bus

I had my second day at work today which was okay though I did drop a croissant on the floor which was rubbish, and this nice lady was like 'it's okay everyone has to start somewhere' and I was like this isn't where I start woman. In my head. I was worried cause I had to work half an hour longer than planned and I'd left Tanbay alone with the cats, but I got back and everyone was fine.

It's good to finally know someone in the Southern Hemisphere.