Sunday 9 March 2014

Newcastle Markets

Thursday we went back to the doctor and he said that the radiologist was pleased with Tanbay's arm, though it would never be as long or as flexible as it used to be, but as Tanbay previously fractured his other arm he was quite pleased that his arms are now the same length again.. 

Friday we got up to walk this beauty: 

but my throat really really hurt, at first I didn't know what it was and then I realised I had a cold!! I haven't had a cold at all in Australia which has been great. I'm slightly annoyed that I have one because I must have picked it up at the doctors, which means that out there, there is some idiot who thinks it's appropriate to go to the doctors when they have a cold. I mean hello, it's a cold! Sit in bed, eat hot food, drink lemsips and shut up, don't go to the doctors. I just hope that they had a cold but were at the doctors for some other more urgent reason. 

So Saturday was mainly spent feeling sorry for myself, because of my cold, but on Sunday I felt a ton better so we went to the Newcastle Markets.

It was actually a car boot sale, I'm not sure why they call them markets here, the only differences to the English car boot sales were the weather and the birds for sale:





We see these pink ones flying about quite a lot, I like them. The guy was selling them for $450! 



I had a really excellent chilli olive, I would have bought some but I don't think you should buy things in plastic that are sat in the sun.

It was an interesting experience and Dave kindly got us a Canberra sew on badge thing for my rucksack.