Thursday 19 December 2013

Sea World Gold Coast

Today was absolutely awesome! Katie dropped us off at Sea World (thank you) and took us there by going along the road next to the beach - the Gold Coast is by far the best place I've ever seen! It has everything I could ever want - City life, beach life and Tanbay. 


We bought a pass to get us unlimited access into Sea World, Movie World and Wet n Wild. They're all really close to where we're living at the moment. 

We went on the rides first because the queues were pretty short:

First we went on the jet ski ride which probably wasn't that scary, but as neither of us had been on a roller coaster in seven years (we went to Alton Towers for Tanbay's 18th) it was very very scary! But exciting!



 I then went on this orange ride, but Tanbay didn't cause he was worried it would hurt his neck (Grandpa much?) needless to say it hurt my neck..


Next we went and checked out the seals:


They're still cute but I prefer seeing them in the wild ;)

We also saw dolphins:

They are such beautiful creatures.

We then saw a dolphin show which was really spectacular!


These dolphins then jumped up and the woman was really high up!

This guy is surfing a dolphin, which was Tanbay's favourite part




 Bye bye dolphins
 This is me with dolphins in the background


Then we went to check out the sharks:

 this is a bull shark



I was kind of disappointed that we didn't see a Great White, then I thought about it and didn't think I'd ever seen a Great White in captivity (or irl..) I googled it and you can't keep them in captivity because they get depressed and they won't eat. They need a lot of space and food. The longest they've kept one was 190 days or so.


Next we stroked some sea cucumbers:

 They feel like slugs.

Next was probably my favourite bit stroking sting rays!


 They feel a bit like algae in a pond, slimy and soft.


 They have a baby polar bear which, let's face it, isn't as good as Knut der Eisbär.

Also I think keeping polar bears in Australia probably directly contributes to the disappearance of wild polar bears. (The energy used to keep the bears cool here contributes to global warming, which melts the ice caps and gets rid of the bears.) Or something.

Anyways then we went on the new ride storm:





Tanbay screams like a girl



Then we watched the jet ski show, it was pretty good but I just wanted to go on the jet skis

 This bit was the best

So all in all it was an awesome day, I love dolphins and rays and roller coasters and I now want to be a dolphin stunt person.

We managed to get the two buses home and then had a well deserved soak in the pool (it was a very hard day).



Here is their website for more info: http://movieworld.com.au