Tuesday 3 December 2013

Second couch surf and new idols

We really enjoyed our first couch sit and were tempted to just ask if we could stay on there, but we caught the bus into Perth and then the train to Stirling and then another bus to our second couch sit.


It is actually my dream house and life. Olivia and Trey have done everything I want to do and more!

Their house is really comfy with lots of arty things. They have chickens, fruit and veg and a cute dog. It's a 1915 house so has loads of character. The kitchen is a bright yellow with beautiful tiles. They have a massive cheese sign on the wall.  They have lots of sayings displayed around the home 'be the change we wish to see in the world' 'life takes you to unexpected places, love brings you home'. They have loads of great photos of them in exotic places and they have a cork board made out of wine corks! Essentially it's arty and beautiful and kind of hippy like, but without being messy and dirty ;)


They have literally been everywhere in the world. Every continent and so many countries! They have such amazing stories to tell. Olivia really likes India and they love to dive and hike. They seem to work and save for a few years and then travel for a year or so. I've been reading their blog and it's inspired me to actually show Tanbay the UK (Land's end, St Ives, Bath, Scotland etc). It's also almost convinced me that I want to go to India :) In 2009 they went to 38 countries from South America to North America, then Europe, then Russia then Asia. I so want to do that!


I literarily want to be them it's so useful to have my life now completely planned out!



 We decided to tear ourselves away from their awesome house and have a day at the beach:




 Scarborough beach is very near to Trigg beach which we came to in Perth when we first arrived. I'm glad we got to do a full circle type thing.

I had fun burying myself in sand:

Tanbay had fun looking like a model as per usual..




This is the last beach picture of me in Perth!







In the evening Olivia and Trey made us the best meal, we had a prawn curry and then a crumble: 






They're so lovely. It was a great second couch surf and we're so pleased we came here!