Saturday 20 July 2013

Full Australian breakfast

Sara was very annoyed that I didn't let her make me breakfast in bed.. Breakfast was really really good. We had bacon, eggs, tomato, mushrooms with mashed up sausages, scones and spinach! Strange but in a good way.

We went to the shops in Buninyong, which is where I'm living. The food is a lot more expensive here! Especially in Buninyong because it's a small town. There are a lot of recognisable products: activia, yakult, ski, nestle, but there are lots of things I don't recognise and some brands even come from down the road!


We then went to buy coffee from a drive through coffee place, the coffee comes like this:

With a biscuit, a smile and a straw!

I then met Sara and Richard's friends Paul and Maya, their children Arwen (like the elf) and Bounty (like the chocolate). Maya's sister Natashia was there too and she very kindly de gingered and re blonded my hair :). 

Richard and I visited Ballarat which is a lot bigger and the food is cheaper, they have Woolworths as a supermarket here! Safeways is here too, but I went to Coles. Of course my sta cash card didn't work at the check out and luckily I had Richard there to lend me the money! It worked at the ATM though. 

Meat is the same price if not cheaper than in England as is alcohol. Most food is more expensive, and toiletries are ridiculously so. 


Oh yeah! The money is really weird!! 

One side is what you'd expect from a foreign country:


But the other side has the Queen on!! How crazy is that





News on Mustela:
Tanbay Hermann is in Germany getting an actual passport, this is good because he gets to see the lovely Theunes and Kruses, and confirms that I shouldn't have stayed with him as I'd have had to pay to go to Deutschland too. I'm sad that I didn't get to see you guys this year though!