Sunday 19 January 2014

Body Boarding at Manly Beach

We had an awesome morning today bush walking, but this afternoon (avro) was awesome too! 

Kate, J.C. and the kids took us to Manly Beach:




Manly beach is one of Sydney's famous beaches, so it was more crowded than any other beach we've visited here, but that meant that the atmosphere was great!






There was a place where you could hire surf boards, and I was really tempted but I couldn't do that to T bay




We saw these two twins wearing hilarious speedos that say 'Joey's'

I had a swim in the water with the kids which was great because the waves were strong. I saw a little sting ray in the water, I thought 'that bit of sand looks like a sting ray' and then it moved. It swam away from me, but the water was a bit cloudy so I told one of the kids. I asked if we should get out and he said it was fine, as long as it wasn't a shark, and laughed at me. Rays aren't aggressive but if you step on them they will defend themselves.

From then on I shuffled in the sand so the rays would know I was coming ;). Then I forgot about rays because the eldest one leant me his body board! So I got to body board for the first time at Manly Beach :)





Although I am not the best body boarder ever it was heaps of fun and a lot easier than surfing. Catching the wave is easy and the only downside is you can't stand on the board




 I enjoyed it so much I'm tempted to buy my own.

I wish Tanbay had been able to have ago!

The town of Manly is very touristy but again has a great vibe.

 I love this photo:


It was an epic day!!