Saturday 11 January 2014

Welcome to Alstonville

We are in Alstonville which is a tiny weeny village in New South Wales. We are only an hour and a half drive from where we were before at the Gold Coast, but it feels like we are in a completely different world!

This is our new back yard:






This is our new best bud Elmo, I like to call him Elbow, or Elmarnio. 






He's really cute and it is pretty stunning around here:










The trees really remind me of a book I had when I was little. The book was about the rainforest and how it was disappearing (I think) and the pictures were actually bits of forest made to look like a forest (as far as I remember)










We arrived on Monday and settled in, Elmo was missing his family so we spoiled him rotten. 



Tuesday Carly and Sky (the neighbours of the people we are house sitting for) came round to invite us over for a beer. They are really nice and friendy and Carly calls us Mate and Darling (I'm Darling). 

Wednesday we went into 'town' to book our train tickets for next week when we are going to Newcastle!!


Friday we chillaxed some more, there's not much to do here which is good because Tanbay's arm needs rest and after the train ticket and arm bills we need money! 









It's a nice place to relax and revive in.