Thursday 5 September 2013

My 22nd!

Today was my 22nd birthday! It was strange to be without my family and friends, at first everything we did didn't seem very birthday like because every day here is like a birthday!

This was my breakfast:


I love fruit and coffee

So Carole took us and Skip to Glenelg which was amazing, but on the way she drove us through Simpson Street or Simpson Avenue or something which was an area of really expensive houses. They looked like massive dolls houses or castles.

Glenelg beach was really beautiful:


It was a little bit rainy but that meant the beach was completely clear of people! 



he is my little tiny baby and I love him so much!!

These guys went into the water and just stood there with their tops off, at first we figured it was because it was my birthday, and then we realised they must be part of a sport team who were doing some intense training.

 We had coffee and brunch with Carole and then she took Skip home and we had some fun on the beach:











Then we explored the town of Glenelg, it's quite small.



We had the most amazing birthday lunch, we had gin and tonics:


Then I had medium rare kangaroo with sweet potato mash, it was one of the nicest meals I've ever had


Tanbay had pizza.


We took the tram back into Adelaide, I like trams

 We got off at Adelaide south terrace to see what there was to see.
 But there wasn't really that much to see on the main street at all, we went back to the Central Market:




It's pretty cool, we then stopped in on China town



We found a crocodile foot, a kangaroo foot and kangaroo balls.. 




Next we went to one of the most immense shops ever











it was full of every kind of antique ever, I got these earrings thanks to Godmother Polly :) 


Then we did a mini bar crawl of Adelaide:

 I think these were sparkling wine and blood orange/ cherry


We also had pina coladas and japanese slippers :)

Then we took the bus back:



We finally got the chance to have a photo with one of these!




Definitely one of my best birthdays ever, I love Australia :D