Sunday 1 September 2013

Saying Goodbye to Victoria

Today was my last day of work:

I have enjoyed working at this cafe, I've made some nice friends and learnt a new skill. There were some problems with the accent including 'high chair', 'maroon' and 'pasty' but this was my favourite misunderstanding: 

"can you make sure the coffee is extra hot I had a luxewarm one last Sunday"

"oh I'm so sorry if that was me!"

"no no it wasn't you she was British"

"...I'm British"

"no I said British"

"Sorry I'm the only British person here"

"BRITISH"

at which point I realised she was saying BIGGISH.. 




There was also a fun moment with a guy who thought I was Italian, which wouldn't have been that bad but he was Italian himself, so he should have known better.. the only reason he thought I was Italian was because I brought him a macchiato and said with a lisp "here is your macchiato".


But all in all I met some spectacular people, both coworkers and customers and I feel very integrated now. 




 My last day was uneventful, Amy came in to say goodbye and said that Kangaroo Island is expensive so I should take food there with me instead of buying it there.



Tuesday 3rd September 2013
Yesterday Sara and Richard came back from India, it was great to see them again (and for T to meet them). They brought us back some yummy sweets and cheese. They also brought back their friend's son China, so when we were sat around the table with him and her I felt like we were at some crazy Australian/Indian/German/English conference, or that we were in a joke "an English woman an Australian an Indian and a German are sat at the table, it's 24 degrees, the Europeans are sweating and wearing tank tops, the Australian is just right and the Indian is shivering in a hoody." It's funny because it's true.

So here are our last pictures in Buninyong:






It was a great place to start off in.