Monday 9 September 2013

South Australian Museum

Today we went to the South Australian Museum, but first here's a picture of my mozzie bite:






In the entrance they have these skeletons of dolphins, whales etc which were pretty cool:



They have this room of stuffed animals which I found less cool and Tanbay loved. I think the skeleton ones are interesting and they could have died of natural causes, but these stuffed ones were probably killed to be stuffed and then stuffed in the museum. I know I eat meat but that's different because the animal is eaten, I think it's a bit of a waste to kill it just to stuff it, look at in the wild or on the internet or something.

However, I do like that this monkey is clearly on T bay's head: 


Hi! I'm Tanbay!


I liked this crocodile:



Even though they are stuffed I really liked these birds of paradise because I've never seen them before in the wild or on the internet.. 


and this stuffed kangaroo meant we could see how big they are stood up


this was a massive jar of parasites that lived in a kangaroo.. it was a big jar and it was vile


I've seen both of these birds in the wild!


This is the largest ammonite in the Australia, when they first saw it they mistook it for a car tire. It was 3m long when it was alive 


The best thing by far in the museum was the minerals, I'm not that into rocks but these ones were amazing!


This one looked really fluffy


this one looked like velvet


and this one was really pretty.



We went and had pizza for lunch, I had a cider that had been made round the corner, it was great.



The pizza was very yummy, the man lost his tip by looking at me and saying 'will you be having a small?' 

Then we went to the main shopping street 






so all in all the museum was worth going in for the great rocks, but the rest wasn't that great, Tanbay said it was the best museum he'd ever been to, but he couldn't name any other museums that he'd been into..